Subject: [Leica] Editing on an iPad (bis, or plus bis...)
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 00:31:33 -0400

I did all of the photographic and multimedia projects for my
college degree on open source software. It's free, it's usually
reliable and if it isn't, I can help make it so. It runs across
platforms. It's free.
It has all the functionality that I need and has all the functionality
that anyone could need from photo editing to high end non-linear video
editing, I can do it all with applications available to us all for free.
Now I'm getting involved in multimedia development and hope it takes
off enough to squeeze Adobe a little bit more.
In today's economy the difference between paying for the Adobe creative
suite and compiling a few oneself is enough for quite a few folks I
know to make the switch to Linux at least on a VM for the free programs.

Phil Forrest