Subject: [Leica] Leica M lenses now Richard's eyeballs
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:26:49 -0400

I thought I was going blind a few times in the past ten years but its
different when you get a bit older. I just needed a stronger prescription.
when you're a kid its gradual and they tweak your prescription and you don't
notice much. When you get a bit older it can hit you like brick. You can
think you're going blind. But all I needed thank god was new glasses.

Most of photography's history did not involve auto focus. Its a recent
development.  Other than eye disease there's no reason a photographer can't
shoot his manual focus and rangefinder focus till he's a hundred years old.
Its not a natural course of things selling off ones M system when one gets a
little older. that?s what the rich guys on the lists would have us think.
They're playing with retirement money. It is in the end more fun to play
with micromoters and high tech chips that it is to use technology based in a
pasted era:
The Leica rangefinder and viewfinder. Which is what Leica is all about. That
and pie in the sky glass.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/