Subject: [Leica] Leica M lenses now Richard's eyeballs
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:13:39 -0500

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

>   Other than eye disease there's no reason a photographer can't
> shoot his manual focus and rangefinder focus till he's a hundred years old.

When my vision started clouding, I retreated to AF and was instantly
confused by all the ways you CAN auto-focus on one camera.

Then I had to use little wheels and buttons to change things, and guess
which light in the viewfinder meant I was in focus.  If I had the AF
confirmation turned on, everyone around me glared at me as my camera
whirred and beeped.

> The Leica rangefinder and viewfinder. Which is what Leica is all about.
> That
> and pie in the sky glass.

No whirs and beeps when you focus.

--