Subject: [Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1 - IMAGE SHOT @6400
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 06:49:06 -0700

To me, it is clearly a case of firmware development.  Nikon invested a ton
into making the sensor FW work, in low ISO, to a remarkable degree of
noiselessness.

Did it take a "bit" more horsepower?  Sure.. maybe it takes 4 processors to
do the job instead of the 2 inside the M9 ( or 1 inside the M8).  But it can
be done.

BD is 100% correct, with a caveat:  Leica is an Optical company.  They have
always lagged when it comes to employing innovation in bodies.  Not their
strength.

They need to hire or at least outsource some really great electronics types
with expertise in the FW and HW domains.

To boot, they need to employ internal sensor cleaning technology.  My buddy
got a Nikon D4 recently and he uses the UV dust cleaning technology on each
reboot of the camera.  ( his maniacal compulsions shall not be discussed
here...).  The highly touted S2 does not offer this feature.  They need to
"get" the importance of this feature, as a company.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I doubt that Leica is going to get there without gimmickry - like a
monochrome sensor. The sad reality is that it is a film company - period,
and obviously lacks electronics people the caliber of its lens designers and
makers.

Message from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1 - IMAGE SHOT @6400)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1 - IMAGE SHOT @6400)
Message from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1 - IMAGE SHOT @6400)