Subject: [Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1 - IMAGE SHOT @6400
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:49:53 -0400

So here is an image shot 6400 ISO, using, I believe, the 35 1.4 @ 1.4 on
the Fuji XPro1. I shot in RAW, converted to JPG, did some very minor
levels adjustment, and NO sharpening, and NO noise reduction. The one
problem with this image, and all other RAW images shot with the Xpro, is
that, quite obviously, Adobe has not yet got the DNG Converter worked out
quite right for the Xpro files. For now, I am going to shoot JPGs.

But in terms of the 6400 iso - I've got less than no complaints. When I am
shooting low light images I am a., not looking for fine micro detail, or
b., planning to carry around a loupe to examine the images. Compare this
to any image from an M8 or M9 shot at 3200 iso, and, for that matter,
compare it to the Fuji 1600 iso film shot in an M. It's great to demand
clean images when shooting digital at 100 or 200 iso, or when shooting
something like Fuji Acros, but an image at 6400?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bdcolen/PHOTOS/060212_and_Commencement_003
0.jpg.html

PS - The photo is nothing - just a demonstration.  :-)

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1 - IMAGE SHOT @6400)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1 - IMAGE SHOT @6400)