Subject: [Leica] How about this one?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 22:59:39 -0700

Mark Rabiner OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] How about this one?

>>Trust me and I don't care who you are. You walk into a situation with a
>>camera and that situation
ceases to be "normal" at that moment. Every one is very aware of themselves
and put on the normal act. Though some will do the opposite and "act out".
Put on a real show.
There really isn't any point in thinking that you are an inert ingredient to
the situation and that you are not changing and interacting with the
situation. <<<<<

Hi Mark old buddy, :-)

May I offer a wee bit of challenge to your well made point? :-)

The room is darkened, we are dressed alike, there is a kind of silent
quietness about the room. But still much activity and somewhat muted voices
softly heard.

A moment seen, a quick click. Nothing changes! The muted voices continue,
something catches your eye again... "click!" No one moves nor turn their
heads.......... you go click again ! Still no reaction to you and your three
Leicas hanging from your neck, nor the motor driven R8's on each shoulder.

You change position, again a quick click! Still no recognition is given to
you and your clicking cameras.

Eventually all the lights come on and you click a few more. Nobody makes
comment nor give any re-action to your presence.  They continue their work
and you remain invisible!

In the operating room you are invisible and the folks just do their thing
without a change regardless of me, my clicking and cameras hanging from my
neck and shoulders.

So there are locations where subjects remain themselves, do their job as
they do every day. Just a small point that subjects don't always change when
a camera comes into their life even for a few minutes or hours.

cheers,
ted