Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 7/6/2012: laughter during fire drill
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 22:31:06 -0700

Nathan Wajsman SHOWED:

> We had our (more or less annual) fire drill at the office today, involving
> evacuating several hundred people while the firefighters and an ambulance
> arrived to carry out their part in the simulation. Meanwhile, we stood
> around in the designated evacuation spot, an adjacent park. It was kind of
> nice, giving an opportunity to chat with people that I do not see much in
> the course of a normal workday. Here is Patricia, sharing a laugh with
> another colleague:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=1892933401&k=mWpSJ8B&lb=1&s=O

Hi Nathan,
I bet 110% of viewers never saw the pole!!!! Why? Well hell man the content
of the laugh completely over rides looking at anything else in the frame!

Once again pointing up what I say is the most important part....... "THE
CONTENT!" And here is a perfect example of the content... "laugh is so
strong in the expression!" it works just as it should! Captures and holds
the viewers eyes right on the mark, not allowing the eyes to roam around a
loosely shot image!

I'd never mention the pole again simply because it isn't there unless you
tell people to look for it! Even then it's hardly noticeable!

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 7/6/2012: laughter during fire drill)