Subject: [Leica] How about this one? IMG: Occupy
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 22:16:42 -0700

If I were assigned to cover this event it wouldn't matter who was doing what
to whom!

My job was to cover the event! Not make a journalistic statement or
political justification one way or the other!

Cover this demonstration, PERIOD! Never mind who's heads are getting
cracked! I don't care because I'm shooting all the action as it happens
before me and around me!  Recording an historical event, that's all.

WHY? Well quite simply because you as a photojournalist coverineg the event,
you have no sides to take! You are the "SILENT OBSERVER AND RECORDER!"
That's your job! You shoot everything going on! Good, bad or ugly!

Obviously if one side or the other hires you to shoot the bad guys
(Whomever) beating on the (GOOD GUYS) point of view. Then you shoot
everything showing the good guys getting their asses kicked. Or the reverse
if the other guys are paying you.

Or if this kind of event is too much to handle? Then stay away and go shoot
flowers quietly in the park or some other event or scenes.

Dr. ted