Subject: [Leica] Reorganizing my equipment collection
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:36:50 -0400
References: <CABXy406JBEQxq4Nx1LHLZMp1Ce-GLw52gSQ1q_za-zRdpYte9Q@mail.gmail.com> <CBEC08D7.15844%chris@chriscrawfordphoto.com> <CA+yJO1DbWqZUP1ju_Xs6ydtGVat_v0Zu9F4teS7stQ2N3UYVOQ@mail.gmail.com> <BLU139-DS54AD58F1E37B327C11127B80B0@phx.gbl> <9E3DD0BB-108A-4CBB-B736-C0C2A94E8597@gmail.com> <CAFfkXxvwWTtn5oYBwuvodEiTDSdz_weVJBNFJKLMCo-O-x=2vw@mail.gmail.com> <2A08B8D4-C70D-4E74-BB5E-24EE48AD9AEF@gmail.com> <CAFfkXxsvu6RPgPY4qpQt54w+Paq-trMWa0mXCARRNNFnJ+5edw@mail.gmail.com> <E971207F-C4EB-4E14-89BA-58EBDFB97205@gmail.com> <CAFfkXxt3Kw=gStMLtXoL0QCUpCCVx5Zh8M+sE5-QTLGMQNM2fQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAFuU78f5-yP13MsuB3v4du0z53tBtYq67cHUPbHnW0x=2YOouA@mail.gmail.com> <E253187E-9191-4BDD-9AAF-DE2755DDB31F@gmail.com>

That's one modern take on the rationalization for marriage.
It certainly doesn't take a marriage to be fruitful, just take a look
anywhere in the United States or most places in the world actually.
It's just a social more that people have adhered to since the
relationship was categorized as a bond between a man and his bride's
father/family, not the bride herself.
People are very fruitful and multiply out of wedlock at a greater rate
than those who are married (at least in the US.)
Like Lew says, marriage laws should be changed but I'll go further and
say that there's no reason for marriage in the US or western culture as
people can get married and divorced almost as much as they date and
breakup. The social ramifications of divorce have changed and there is
less stigma than in the past.
And who says that two people who love each other can't just hang out
for their whole lives? Plenty of couples do that and are perfectly
happy as well as financially independent from each other and, in my
view, trust each other even more than if they were legally bound to
hang out.

Phil Forrest

--
http://philipforrestphoto.wordpress.com/