Subject: [Leica] Security in Dublin Airport now insist on scanning film
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 20:28:44 +0100

Well, I'll be travelling to Bordeaux from Dublin in the coming week with a
Rolleiflex and several rolls of film, so hopefully I won't get the same
treatment after Doug Kim's forceful protests. But, just in case, I relayed
his issues to the Irish Tourist Board for raising with the appropriate
airport/police authorities.

I quote from part of it "I'd still be grateful if you could forward it to
someone who might be able to ensure that film photographers are treated with
a little more consideration by security people at Irish airports. Certainly
the last thing I want to read - as I'm sure is the same in your case - is
further denigration of Ireland as a destination for any reason. In the light
of the increasing number of photographers travelling for photography
courses, any obstacles to them coming to Ireland should be removed."

I got a holding email back today, and I'll await with interest to see what
the outcome is.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry