Subject: [Leica] Advice on Fixing Nikon LS-4000 Scanner
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (jnelon at netvigator.com)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:07:06 +0800 (HKT)

Lew,

The LS-4000 unit I have only supports Firewire, so USB considerations aren't
part of the possible problem.

John,

I can't give VueScan a go, as the unit isn't "seen" by the operating system.
The OS must understand the unit before VueScan can even be considered. I've
got VueScan and have used it for years with this scanner, but it's useless,
along with any other application, until the scanner can connect to the
operating system first. Then, and only then, can VueScan or whatever get
access to the scanner.

Jim

John wrote:

Also give VueScan a go, it does not install anywhere and just sits
self-contained. A demo is free.

john

Lew wrote:

Again, the situation you describe will occur if the cable is attached to a
USB 3 port. Try switching to one of the USB 2 ports before sending it in.
It happened to me and the steady green light means the self diagnostics have
completed ok and the unit is good to go.

--
-Lew S.