Subject: [Leica] Advice on Fixing Nikon LS-4000 Scanner
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (jnelon at netvigator.com)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 11:48:39 +0800 (HKT)

Thanks to all for the advice and help on fixing a Nikon LS-4000 scanner.

I will follow up on the advice to send the scanner to Nikon for repair. I'll
check with them first to make sure that they still do repairs on the unit.

As to operating systems, none of the operating systems (Vista, Windows 7 and
Mac) could "see" the scanner, even though different cables were used in each
case. Since the operating system couldn't even find the scanner, we couldn't
get far enough to worry about Vuescan or other application software.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Jim

James R. Nelon
Partner