Subject: [Leica] Tripods
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:48:40 -0400

A ball head is good when you're using a 35mm camera in the field.
Less so for more controlled architectural shots or interiors when you don't
need your hands on the camera. And you want more careful positioning.

They make mini gear heads now. They used to cost a fortune and weigh a ton.
No I think Manfrotto makes a manageable one.
By all means the opposite of a ball head. You can position your frame of
your pictures so precisely you'll get a trill.
But not much good for dirt bike shooting.

I used a big one during a stint of doing retail fashion at an existing in
house studio. I said it would be the first thing I'd get when I was back in
my own studio again. But was districted by other things.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/