Subject: [Leica] Tripods
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:14:51 +1000

Which handily illustrates that each of us is making suggestions based on
how we personally use tripods and heads. The best solution for long teles
fitted via a rotating collar may be entirely different to a combination to
shoot panorama series or portraits. Or for video production or backpacking
up glaciers or permanent studio installs etc etc ........
Deciding first which legs of a quality brand have the best combination of
features for your individual situation is a great start though. Neither
need you be limited to only one head. I ended up with two sets of legs and
three heads and different combinations are very helpful for the stuff I
like to do.

Shilling again for RRS, they make lens plates and replacement collars for
some of the big Nikon teles too ;-)

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman