Subject: [Leica] Doisneau
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:07:15 +0100

May I suggest "Paris" by Robert Doisneau published by Flammarion and
available
in English http://www.editions.flammarion.com/ which was originally $60/Can$
84/?35/49 Euro, looking on Amazon you can get it a lot more cheaply now!!

The French somehow always think of HCB as being perhaps the greatest French
Photographer, but Doisneau as being closer to them.

There is also a small book book published by Taschen of Doisneau's Greatest
Hits
which is well presented (about Paperback size), unsurprisingly it has The
Kiss
on the front, but there is a great deal more to him than that. Forget your
feelings about that and look deeper into his work.

Peter Dzwig