Subject: [Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?/Bread
From: filippiniaia at hotmail.com (Matthew B. Filippini)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 16:27:26 -0500

Well, the salt and yeast are just a few cents, so I gave myself ~35 cents
for gas in the dollar-a-loaf cost.  (But $1 is not "well under a dollar," is
it?)

Baking bread weekly, and cooking breakfast and dinner close to daily, works
out to about a 72 cents a day in natural gas for me, but that is mostly
"delivery charges," service charges, taxes, etc.  So, yes, I guess the
mariginal gas cost is very very low.  I never really thought about that part
of it before.

Matt

>On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
 >wrote:
>What does running the oven for 45 minutes cost? Anything significant? I
>guess gas would be negligible but electric might really cost something. Not
>as much as a Starbucks...

-> - from my iRabs.