Subject: [Leica] IMG: Just a bench...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 12:05:45 -0700

Robert Adler SHOWED:

> Really no time for photography these days. So on the way back from the
> office caught this in the corner of my eye and spent a few minutes trying
> to capture it.
> Not sure it works so feedback would be appreciated..
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rgacpa_HI/RWC-Courthouse6x6bw.jpg.html<<<<<<

Hi Bob,
OK my friend here we go! :-)

1/ It maybe blaspheme for me to say. But............. "THIS IS A COLOUR
PHOTOGRAPH!" You can twiddle it all you want with the B&W fiddling sticks
but it wont cut it compared to the colour potential here!

2/ You visually were attracted by the colours of the blossoms! Not B&W as we
see here. Obviously every day we all see in colour, but end up making
beautiful B&W prints that are quite marvelous. In this case, it was the
beauty and colour of the blossoms that caught your eye, bench was secondary.
And I'll put a hundred on the table I'm right!

If you have the original in colour I'd give it a shot as I can't believe it
wouldn't be a better image. Even against a B&W fiddled photo.

3/ I wouldn't touch the cropping as it appears a nice balance as is.

4/ Yep it has potential for your "BENCH SERIES" because it is the reverse of
seeing bench and looking out as a scene. In this case the blossoms and
"bench" become the subject and not the scene from the bench as in the
others. And no problem with that and this view..... "in colour!"

OK now I'll move into the new deep depth bunkers before the incoming starts!
:-)

C'mon folks it's only an opinion and I'm the first to admit I've been wrong
before! HOWEVER THIS TIME? ;-) ;-)

Cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Just a bench...)