Subject: [Leica] 100mm/2.8 Apo-Macro-Elmarit on D700/D3/other Nikon FX(or a DX) DSLR
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:27:14 +1000

Aram this lens and screen is new to me but I am not seeing any metering
changes at all according to the histograms. For each screen model there is
comment on its page regarding any metering effects. For the D7000 they
suggest only a shift with spot metering at some apertures. The ZF.2 model
of the lens has a CPU and all of the functions of the Nikkors except auto
focus. That's fine by me. Stop down metering is not required, all controls
work as before, DoF preview works, LiveView works etc.

I got the screen with the split image, microprism collar and optibrite
treatment to make the matte area brighter..
Fitting it was easy. Each camera model can be different of course. For
Nikons it is identical to for the old FM,FE etc anyway if you ever changed
a factory screen. I have no idea on Canon. They have step by step
illustrations on their site. It took me ten minutes on my bathroom bench
including clearing away make up and various essential daughter beauty
products from the space first. They provide a simple tool (notched rod) for
the retaining spring and I borrowed a pair of tweezers from my daughters
make up kit. My original screen was shimmed from the factory and I include
that with my new screen.
Have a browse on the KatzEye site. There's a lot of detail availble.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman