Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica? Higher ISO
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:09:00 -0400

The Leica mind set certainly the Leica rangefinder camera mind set is
centered on street shooting. Street photographers it should go without
saying shoot in all kinds of unpredictable conditions and many of them push
their film as a matter of course. And certainly shoot the fastest film they
can find. And often after getting the fastest film they push it.

There's a thing we get from Tech expert people like Erwin about getting the
maximum out of Leica glass one needs slow film. Tripods. Sand bags.
Not street photography -
to shoot a building or a tree or a landscape like this. Its a thing you can
do with Leica but its not certainly the first thing photographers think
about when they think Leica M. commercial photography. Landscapes.

If you're out shooting with a Leica there should be no mystery about the
advantages for film speed. Or sensor speed.
Your film speed is never as fast as you'd like it to be.
Except when your out shooting during your lunch break outside in the noon
day sun.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/