Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder not going to infinity
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:17:38 +0100

Well, I had to double check on bazinga; I'm an alien to television as
a whole, my own fault I know.

Bazinga 184 up, 277 down
"A seven-stringed harp", as referenced by Will Cuppy in the first
chapter about the Pharaoh Cheops or Khufu, in his book "The Decline
and Fall of Practically Everybody." Dorset Press, New York, 1950.
Cuppy was most certainly kidding, since the book was a satire, but I
felt it was important to know that the fabrication of the term
preceded "The Big Bang Theory" by about 60 years.
from the text:

"Personally, I would call the royal harem one of Khufu's main
interests in life and one of his claims to our attention. Although we
lack statistics, it must have been one of the largest in the ancient
world, completely equipped with the very best concubines obtainable in
Africa, all skilled in dancing, singing and playing on the bazinga, or
seven-stringed harp."

I'll go to bed all the wiser tonight

Thanks Ric

Amiti?s
Philippe

Le 10 mars 12 ? 14:01, Ric Carter a ?crit :