Subject: [Leica] The smallest M lens
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:06:12 -0800

It's very simple - you buy and use what you like.

I listed about 5-6 shots of my Chinatown projects that were shot on the
Perar 35. All of the images have been shown as 1000-1200 pixels wide. No
one has ever said, "say Richard, those images particularly suck more than
the others."

So we can talk about gears all days and all their flaws, or use what we
like and shoot like mad. The results are the results.

If I have a closet full of Leica lens and no digital M bodies, I'd buy a
cheap ass m4/3 or a Ricoh GR with M adapter and shoot with the Leica lens,
all days and nights. Yea, it only uses part of the image circle but I'd get
the M lens out of the closet and onto a picture taking apparatus where they
belong. That's what I did with the Epson E-D1. While people are still
waiting for their digital M body, I have been shooting digitally with my M
lens since 2005. SEVEN YEARS ago. And now the choices are even wider. Any
of the mirrorless cameras has M adapter.

IMHO, there is no excuse for not taking the M lens out. Period. One may
prefer Canon, Nikon or whatever because of the zoom, liveview, autofocus
etc. etc. Sure that's fine. Heck, I may have to give up on my M lens when
my eyesight get worse :-( but the lack of a camera body is no longer a
reasonable excuse.

--

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] The smallest M lens)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The smallest M lens)