Subject: [Leica] The smallest M lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:49:59 -0500

I had always seen photographers shooting with the pre ASPH Summicron or
Summilux 35's. They are near pancakes. The camera becomes pocketable.
When it was time for me to get a 35 the ASPH had just come out. I got one of
the first ones. That was February 2000. It was way heavier than the 50mm
Summicron I was used to using as my only lens. And when I checked the specs
it was way heavier and a bit bulkier than the pre ASPH.
BUT wide open you've got no apologies to make. Those shots would hold up at
quite a large magnification.
My 45 Summicron C is also quite a bit lighter and a bit smaller than my 35
ASPH. Buy the end of the day I can certainly tell the difference. Though
many would not care.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/