Subject: [Leica] My latest trip
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:27:45 -0600

I think you could have taken the battery out of the camera and and spare
batteries in your pocket, leaving the camera wrapped in the car.  Then when
you were ready to go shoot, load up.

You don't usually have to worry about condensation going from warm to cold,
as cold air holds a lot less moisture than warm.  So keeping the camera in
the car or in the hotel is OK.

The condensation problem comes when you come back in with the camera.  Let
it warm up slowly.

We have just the opposite problem in Louisiana, we often take our cameras
from air conditioned cars, or buildings where the humidity is low into the
great outdoors, where it can be 100% humidity, and no rain!

I probably am the last person you should take cold weather advice from,
because it is a chilly 53 degrees F here in Natchitoches, and we've yet to
have a whole day below freezing this winter, I think.

Hope this helps.  Key is to remember your batteries will not last as long
if they are cold, just like in a car.   They don't make "9 lives" batteries
for the M9.