Subject: [Leica] My latest trip
From: bruceslomovitz at comcast.net (bruceslomovitz at comcast.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:50:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I just returned from a two week business trip to Anchorage, Alaska.? I was
there for two weeks and worked crazy long hours.? However I did have a small
bit of spare time.? But I was anxious about taking my M9 out into that
dreadfully cold weather.? The temp rarely went into positive F. territory.?
I was unable to take my camera into the building where I was working.? So if
I had taken it out of the hotel with me when I went to work, it would have
sat in the cold car for hours until I got out of the work spaces.? Going
back to the hotel, parking the car, getting the camera, and going back out,
was just to challenging a prospect.

However, Alaska in January, in general, and Anchorage in particular, are
spectacular.? Unfortunately, the ice and snow, and the crappy little rental
car I had, made venturing out of Anchorage a non-starter.? I'm back home now
in sunny South Carolina.? But for the future, do any of you have any
suggestions as to how I could have produced more photo opportunities for
myself.

Thanks.

Bruce S.

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] My latest trip)