Subject: [Leica] Introduction
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:23:42 -0500

Welcome to the LUG though I'm not getting wanting a camera which will
challenge your photography skills I assume that means focusing yourself
instead of auto focus and maybe even using manual exposure instead of auto
or program.  Me I love being challenged but I love ever better getting the
picture and not be figuring out how to use a challenging camera while my kid
is taking his or he first step. I'd rather be not challenged by my camera
and use a camera long enough so I camera use it without thinking..  And any
camera which could get such an image would not be boring to me. I just don't
know what's specifilly wrong with the 20D.  But I'm sure I'll know when I
see your images from week to week. Had you considered the LUG gallery?
Just keep in mind that this is the Leica user group. Its all about USE. Not
the objects, cameras themselves.
So if your camera is boring in a sense its beyond the point the only point
really is what that camera is doing for you. The use of that camera. The
results it makes the photographs.
it will be interesting to see how your images now will improve with your use
of the M8 over that your previous camera. I imagine it won't be hard to see
those contrasting images virtually side by side. The  20D's near the M8's.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/