Subject: [Leica] OT perhaps - monitor selection
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:56:01 +1030

Tina and I diverge here: in comparison to everything else I have
tried, the Eizo and NEC graphics monitors look better, calibrate more
accurately (especially for brightness) and hold their calibration
better (months instead of weeks).  This is based on dissimilarity
analysis of a time series of calibration results.

My iMac has a Samsung panel, and is a good screen, but it's impossible
to get the brightness in the centre of the range that it should be, so
I calibrate it slightly less bright than is ideal.  This may be
because of the Mac software that runs the screen, but I don't know
enough to be sure about that.

If the Eizo and NEC monitors are out of consideration, anything with a
decent Samsung or equivalent panel (this includes most good quality
screens) will work.  I use a Dell at work and it calibrates and
operates fine for imaging.

Marty