Subject: [Leica] MFT>M adapter
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:29:34 -0700

Bob Baron wrote:
>If there has been a discussion thread about this I missed it; time
>issues have kept my attention span short lately.
>
>If I were to get one of these to use my M lenses on my my Pansonic
>GF-1, how on earth would I quickly and accurately focus them,
>particularly the 50mm and 75mm?  Can one use zone/hyperfocal
>techniques?

Not really a long thread, just a couple of exchanges from when I ordered
mine.  Some folks who've used an MFT with Leica glass have complained about
the awkwardness of focusing and viewing.  Others don't mind and enjoy the
chance to use their old glass again.  On my E-PL1 everything works fine but
it's hardly quick.  On a tripod it would be quite doable as there's an
instant magnifier you can call up with the push of a button.  I got mine
out of curiosity and have had some fun with it but I'm still using the kit
zoom for the most part.  You could certainly use zone or hyperfocal methods
but if you stop down too far the screen becomes hard to see.  If you have a
VF you could probably get by with it. I use an optical finder on mine, but
the problem there is the 2x focal length difference so you have to use a
finder for twice the FL of the lens.

I just got the adapter to experiment because it was so cheap and I have a
bunch of legacy glass I never use.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE