Subject: [Leica] photoshop-vs-lightroom
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:44:59 -0800

Oh Ted, I'm sorry about the vanishing images problem.

It's worse than the "where did I put that box of slides" problem because
there's nothing tangible to look for - it's all out there, somewhere, on
your hard drive.

You need a decent workflow so your images are stored in the right place when
you import them into Lightroom. I don't know how you did it. Probably having
someone sit down with you and help you decide which way is best would be a
Good Thing. There are enough differences between Macs and PCs that the
person who does it should come from the same place.

But I'm betting your images are out there and Lightroom just needs your help
in locating them. It can do that in a relatively smart way, you just need to
take a deep breath, find a quiet time when you can relax, have a buddy at
your side to offer advice, and you'd be good to go. Really.

Adam