Subject: [Leica] "Developing" M8 DNG " Negatives
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 22:03:07 -0800

Hi John,

I've used both and both have their strengths.

As Nathan said LR pretty much can do most everything.
Capture One has a few features LR doesn't have, but is not good at
cataloging other than keeping "sessions" (which are, for me, like specific
trips, family holidays, etc.). But you can't find photos by key words
across "sessions".

The features C1 has are Lens Cast Correction for light falloff color
changes on WA lenses and moire correction (which, for the M8, can be a
significant asset). Also, with C1 you can create masks for local
corrections.

In my opinion, LR would be the way for you to go as it's a lot simpler to
learn and probably has most of what you'll ever need. I didn't start using
C1 until I began shooting medium format digital where it really does make a
difference (IMO).

Also, you can buy various LR plugins (such as NIK Silver FX, etc.) that are
great.

Good luck,
Bob