Subject: [Leica] Experimenting B&W in Lightroom
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:31:34 -0500

Hello Ali,

Both the color and b&w photos have very low dynamic range. If you look at
the color photo levels histogram you'll see that everything is bunched in
the middle, no blacks or whites. If you adjust the levels on both sides so
the curve is right at the edge the photo will look much better. Then see how
it looks on your monitor.

Your b&w photo is a little different. Still low dynamic range but the curve
is all the way to the left with most of the whites missing. This is what
Richard mentioned on the grays. Bring the right side to the end and that
photo will really snap.

Regards,
Len