Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:02:26 -0600

> On Dec 18, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Vick Ko wrote:
>
> > The trick is to sell it after ~ 3 years, and recoup as much of the price
> as possible, before the resale value drops to "junk" / parts value.

The trick is to buy cameras and lenses that will advance your photography.
Photo equipment is rarely an investment that pays off outside of what it
can yield in pictures.

The pleasure of using good tools might make your work easier, but the goal
is the picture.  If after three years, the camera is worthless for resale,
so be it.

You just need to think that the if usable life divided by cost is what you
are willing to pay is worth it, John has done this, I do this, and I know
George does.

(Speaking of digital now. I own  film cameras that I just like to use, and,
as you know, a couple that I wouldn't mind selling.)

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/