Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 17:44:23 -0600

On Dec 18, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Vick Ko wrote:

> The trick is to sell it after ~ 3 years, and recoup as much of the price
> as possible, before the resale value drops to "junk" / parts value.

or
if nothing better, and affordable, has come along
keep using it to make photographs.

The crazy thing about "trying to outsmart" the techno-economy is that
my "old" M8 and R8/DMR keep making wonderful photographs;
and seem to be holding their value well over time;
and they allow me to use astounding glass.

My "old" Canon 5D is holding at around $750 - $1K
(depending on condition)
for nearly 7 year old technology.

This says to me that a certain maturation has occurred
in the digital camera technology.

I don't need to keep chasing after the holy grail.
(yet continue to dream of M9 and Medium format backs)

YMMV

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com