Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:48:56 -0700

By "digital almosts" I was referring to the less expensive, rangefinder-ish
cameras out there. I bought the Olympus EP-1 with the Panasonic 20 mm
(wonderful lens) and, later, the Fuji X100 (wonderful viewfinder) but they
just have too many "features" that get in the way of using it as a tool for
making photographs.

Unlike my mechanical Ms, which literally are/were lifetime cameras -- yes,
honey, it cost a fortune but? -- digital cameras have a fixed, useful life.
Let's peg it at an arbitrary ten years. I'm not willing to pay $800 a year
for the privilege of using a camera no matter how much I like it. $300? OK,
maybe. I'm not making my living at this, just personal enjoyment.

John

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Looking at buying an M8)