Subject: [Leica] M9 with 18mm--very wide alternatives?
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 16:38:34 +0100 (CET)

And less than full framers seem not to have any very wide angle
lenses made for them.

I still have this marvellous FT Zuiko Digital 7-14 (read 14-28 eq.)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/214028-1/2010-PAW-April+in+Paris-Beaubourg-1160144.jpg

and would like to have it mounted on the semi-announced successor to the E5.

Philippe

 I could use the supplementary lens on my LX3, which
then gets you to 18mm equivalent.

In other words, why no very wide alternatives in the digital world if less
than full frame? Is it the need for microlenses on the sensor since the
angle from the lens is so big?