Subject: [Leica] M9 with 18mm--very wide alternatives?
From: krieger at sppd.usc.edu (Krieger, Martin)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:18:23 +0000

For my work the M9 with the new 18mm is ideal. As far as I can tell, there
are virtually no good alternatives in the digital world. Probably a full
frame SLR with a Zeiss 18mm would be good. But much much bigger, and too
obtrusive. And less than full framers seem not to have any very wide angle
lenses made for them. I could use the supplementary lens on my LX3, which
then gets you to 18mm equivalent.

In other words, why no very wide alternatives in the digital world if less
than full frame? Is it the need for microlenses on the sensor since the
angle from the lens is so big?

MK

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M9 with 18mm--very wide alternatives?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] M9 with 18mm--very wide alternatives?)