Subject: [Leica] 25 mm PannyLeica Summilux - A Few Test Pix
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:56:49 -0500

Ed, Nathan, et. al., - The Panny 20 mm pancake is one fine performer and I
expect to go on using it in situations where I need the broader coverage,
though will continue to use it stopped down to at least f2.8 when I am able
to do so.    Based on my very limited use so far, the 25mm Summilux is
sharper in the center and sharper over a larger portion of the image wide
open than the Panny 20 and, amazingly, retains much of this sharpness close
in as well as normal shooting distances.

It also seems more contrasty at all apertures and has the neutral color cast
I associate with Leica lenses.  I have not yet been tempted to advance the
sharpness slider on any image I've processed to date.

Regards,

Dick