Subject: [Leica] 25 mm PannyLeica Summilux - A Few Test Pix
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:58:50 -0500

Hello again.  I got one of the few 25mm Panasonic Summilux lenses B&H had in
stock last week and thought you might like to take a look at what it can do.
 Most of these are a full resolution so you'll be able to pixel peep around
the frame as much as you like.

I took these last weekend on a trip to New York.  They were all taken with a
Panasonic GF-1 and are at ISO 100 except as noted.  None were sharpened
beyond the 28% or so that Lightroom provides as a base.  The only
adjustments were standardization of the color temp to 5800K and exposure
adjustment as required due to correct GF-1 auto exposure errors.

Rocks & Leaves - Subject distance about 3 feet - Full Resolution - f1.4

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/25mm_summilux/P1070798.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/857c6n3

Rocks & Leaves - Subject distance about 1 foot - Full Resolution - f1.4

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/25mm_summilux/P1070802.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/bswnjgv

Brian - Full Frame - Web Resolution - f1.4

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/25mm_summilux/P1070809.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/dxvk2yt

Brian - Center Crop - Full Resolution - f1.4

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/25mm_summilux/P1070809-2.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/ccd97bx

57th Street - Center Crop to about 30% of Full Frame - Full Resolution ISO
200 - f5.6

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/25mm_summilux/P1070903-2.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/bnrgq5k

New York Harbor 5-Panel Pano - Web Resolution - f5.6

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/25mm_summilux/P1070889-Edit.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/cdcwqt4

The lens sure looks good to me.  It is sharp, contrasty, and has a least a
bit of that "Leica  look" about it.  There is some softness at the corners
but how much of that is due to curvature of the field I can't tell.  The
overall sharpness is excellent.  The only problem I noted was an occasional
inability of the lens to focus close in in some circumstances.  I'm not sure
what was going on with that.  It may be operator error.

It's a keeper, in any case.

Regards,

Dick

Replies: Reply from alal at poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] 25 mm PannyLeica Summilux - A Few Test Pix)