Subject: [Leica] Lake Michigan waves -- cropped
From: gcr910 at gmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 22:17:48 -0500

Hi, Gang:

Dr. Ted nailed it. Knew the full-breakwater shots were flabby. Dr. Ted
rightly recommended that the point of impact be emphasized. I agree.
Don't have a 400 -- or anything past 90 mm; though I do rent the big
guys on occasion when there's time to plan. (With winter storms
approaching, I may rent gear according to weather forecasts.)

These were taken from afar (300 or so feet) with a 75 at 1.4 and
enlarged. A whole heck of a lot. URLs below. Shooting was from the
warm, dry side of the glass in my flat, 13 stories up (in a 29-story
building) on the lake front. Imagine Lake Shore Drive may be closed at
some point tonight as waves are washing onto the roadway. Can hear my
shelves, which are anchored to the walls, creak and groan as the
building sways in "the breeze." The lake-front path is unsafe because
of the waves; points of access were blocked earlier today by the
police.

These croppings are probably not as tight as Dr. Ted would like. And
they ain't as sharp as I like. No excuses.

Thank you, Ted, and others who commented. Fresh eyes and perspectives
always welcome, so fire away at these.

Greg

--
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gcr910/Shots+from+910/Lake+Michigan+Wave+Cropped+1.jpg.html