Subject: [Leica] S2 envy...
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:45:18 +0200
References: <CAF8hL-HuhbB-Nvf9UciyaU6vRTUkx7rvRVMfBE6yjzMNP-ayyg@mail.gmail.com> <0955EDD4-C4A4-4C6B-9366-F006C778DD2A@frozenlight.eu> <CAE3QcF4c0CmPLMSs06ODGnBmChO-O0CShVcTiEXZKQf+ArdmsQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ0hHudiMQqaJDf7KoRsD5mpFcztNYjdbmJsMvcp7HpqcQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF6egWubXhzXn08iWk-yYTiDgM4Jcg9Gzg_JxCpK0f=-pg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ3KmiA=PcmG2tKr1sCRKgSC=fx_-nP1DFtNuoKpJ_Xr7g@mail.gmail.com>

Le 25 ao?t 11 ? 06:08, Jayanand Govindaraj a ?crit :

> Geoff,
> Of course you can. My view is that if I have to stop down to f5.6 or
> f8,
> then any current equivalent Nikon prime (and some zooms) would deliver
> results that would be 95+% of the quality of Leica M. A 50mm Nikon
> lens, for
> example, can be had for USD120 or so. The big advantage with Leica M
> lenses,
> as I see it (and have always seen it from the film days), is that
> unlike any
> other manufacturer, they are optimized to be used wide open. That is
> what
> makes it worthwhile to pay $$$$ for a lens.

May I add sharpness of the corners since vignetting and distortion can
be addressed in PS or LR.
My 30 years old 50 cron R performs better than my new N 50 1.4 G ,
which in truth is fairly disappointing per se.
I use the N just because it is AF
ph