Subject: [Leica] The Last Photograph of Mary
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 04:02:34 -0400

Oh yeah she is alive! She is in bad health now, but she is 95 years old.
Because the travel to where she lives is very expensive for me (It takes 3
days to drive there from my home in Indiana and costs about $2000 for gas,
hotels, food, etc.), I am probably never going to see her again. That's why
it is the last photo I made of her! When I lived in Santa Fe, it was a 20
minute drive down to her town, so I visited her often. I had to move back to
Indiana almost 4 years ago because of my son. His mother is mentally ill,
and she was locked up in the state psychiatric hospital, so I got custody of
my son up here in Indiana. I had not seen Mary since I left New Mexico back
in 2007, so I made sure to see her when I visited New Mexico last week.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook