Subject: [Leica] BBC and Twitter
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:51:18 -0400

Everybody's work is copyrighted the minute they press the shutter, whether
they are professional or not.  Stealing is stealing.  If somebody wants to
give BBC the right to use their photos, that's fine, but BBC should ask
first.  If BBC copied paragraphs from somebody's blog and used them without
credit, it would be the same thing.

Tina

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at
frozenlight.eu>wrote:

> I don't know, Tina, I think the approach outlined by the BBC is fairly
> reasonable in the circumstances, and so do many of the commenters (e.g.
> comments 2 and 5). We are not talking about pro photographers having their
> work ripped off here.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman