Subject: [Leica] D700 or D7000
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:12:57 -0700

I as well. The m43 'system' is well worked out to optimize the image, and
often outperforms the larger sensor cameras because of this.

As someone pointed out, 'cropped' is an incorrect term; 'different format'
is the right one, and as always, there is no right format for everything,
and different formats all have their places. As the digital sensors get
better, smaller formats can deliver quality that larger ones couldn't
earlier. I use various formats in digital as I have in film, and I'm
certainly not going to trash the smaller ones. In fact, with recent releases
of cameras and lenses I'm using smaller formats more.

On 2011-08-14, at 12:23 AM, Chris Williams wrote:

> Whatever Mark.
>
> I've sold images from a 4/3rd camera and I consider myself a pretty
> serious photographer.
>

> Chris Williams
> www.zoeicaimages.net
> www.rebirthworkshops.com
> 504-231-6261
>

> On Aug 14, 2011, at 2:23 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> People are moving up in format not down.
>> No serious photographer uses 4/3s format it is not acceptable pro level
>> gear.
>>
>> Mark R.
>>

>>> From: John McMaster <john at chiaroscuro.co.nz>
>>> Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:12:16 +1200
>>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Leica] D700 or D7000
>>>
>>> How do you know that? Rumours are that Sony are not renewing their
>>> A900/850
>>> range. Still very few FF cameras released and the Micro 4/3 (2x) and Sony