Subject: [Leica] Lusting for an M9
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 14:21:14 +1000

Paul, I'm told that there is now some noise reduction applied in camera with
the DNGs. The black point set by the camera for the DNGs is shifted as the
ISO increases. Uncompressed DNGs do better in that regard than the
compressed ones.
Of course the CMOS sensor output benefits from well developed and
sophisticated noise reduction in camera from the firmware in the Nikon and
Canon dSLRs too.

Cheers
Geoff

*Australia, paying for the world's carbon sins, one tonne at a time**.*