Subject: [Leica] Use of Leica 1.4x magnifier....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 19:08:43 -0400

Good to know thanks.
A TE 90 was my second Leica lens as I realized I didn't want to just use my
M6 for my personal street work but in the studio too.
It was a dud. It seemed to have no interior contrast and made impossible to
print images.
After a year of avoiding it and using my Hasselblad instead I had a windfall
and suspected that the lens really was not working so well as I was in
denial and I got the then finally the current f2.8 Elmarit M, in January
1997.
My prints just glowed and I become sold on Leica M glass for sure for much
more of my photo wants and desires.
I don't recall problems with focusing the TE or seeing all that many out of
focus shots though I'd think a minority of my shots were done wide open as
I'd been stopping down most my life as I'm doing now.
F 5.6 and be there to start. And in the studio f11 or f8-11
Wow am I glad that nightmare is over.
I just thought "how could a lens I bought used for 500 bucks be less than
terrific!???"

Mark William Rabiner