Subject: [Leica] Use of Leica 1.4x magnifier....
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip F)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 18:38:55 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

He's using a 90 tele elmarit. It has exhibited a tiny amount of focus shift
on digital bodies for a bunch of folks who like the lens. The big issues is
that the focus throw of the 90 TE is so short that any tiny error in
rotating the barrel will result in a bigger error in focus. The CV 75 f/1.8
is much easier to focus due to greater diameter of the lens barrel and a bit
more focus throw.
So it does make a difference. Even the 90 'Cron is easier to focus than the
TE because of the longer focus throw, and much larger lens barrel diameter.

Phil Forrest