Subject: [Leica] M lens 21mm F2.8 pre ASPH
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 02:53:03 -0400

The context of the argument is just that.
Its a brand new M9 the guy just got and now he's putting a 1980 Elmarit 21
on it.
An M8 as Sonny says makes a 21 into a 28mm anyway and much of what an
imperfect ultra wide optic has not going for it is going to be cut off the
sides. Making it less of a big deal. (though its a big lens)
But this guy has a brand new M9.

By the way we don't know the guys name nor are we able to ascertain what any
of his work looks like. And it smells just like Lug being eBay helper to me.
Not the smell of tuna and pasta, but of the lug being played.  It may be we
have a guy who just hit the bid button and wants feedback in case he "wins"
but its no big deal one way or the other as the lens will be back on the
block again in a few months or weeks. I hope I'm wrong. But the guys a
cipher. And I doubt he was really joining the LUG.

Ordinarily if someone goes out and buys a brand new M9 and puts a half assed
optic on the front of it I call that a damn waste.

But if a guy's just playing with money it's not going to matter one way or
the other. As "where's the beef?" there isn't any.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb