Subject: [Leica] Leica prices (formerly M9)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:50:13 -0400

A lot of people are in the outs category.
I just by the way checked something.
An M9 cost 7 grand now in 2011.
In 1975 money according to CPI Inflation Calculator that's
$1,666.64
Now what camera cost  $1,666.64 in 1975 I'm trying to think?
I picked that date became for me that was when I was getting my first SLR.
It was also the hear the first digital camera was invented.
I think a Leica M was not that many hundred bucks. Less than a thousand.
I also think a Linhof was less than a thousand.

I bought a Hasselblad EL/M body in 1979 for$1250.00
The 150 f4 T* C Sonnar C lens cost me $1100.00
Total $2350
$7,314.26 in today's money.

So I guess its not the first time in history anyone spent that kind of cash
for a camera. With a lens.
If I got an m9 I already have a lens or two.

Mark

Mark William Rabiner