Subject: [Leica] Leica prices (formerly M9)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:16:55 -0700

Geoff Hopkinson OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica prices (formerly M9)

> Peter no economics opinions here but of course photographers are buying
> them!<<<

Hi Geoff,
Well no economic jargon from me either! If one can afford to buy Leica ?
Good for them! If you can't afford to buy a Leica??? Quite frankly, then who
the hell cares what the price is! A few times I've seen a hot Porsche I'd
like to own.... but obviously..... unless I win the lottery big-time I'll
never own one. Do I care what the price is? Nope!

I don't sweat the price as I don't sweat the price of the S2, M9 or any
other cool things Leica come out with! Well on occasion in the past I may
have bitched a bit! ;-) But in the realities of the world and assignments
these days I'm quite  happy to have an M8 that I use just like any other
Leica during the past 50 or so years.... taking pictures and being still
relatively successful. Without a techie thought for one second! Me? I'm a
photographer not an economist!

Once again we have conversation about Leica , prices that nobody on the list
can do one iota of a thing about! So ladies and gentlemen.... "GET OVER IT!
" Go take some nice happy snaps with whatever gear it is you are fortunate
to have. See how easy the economics can be answered!  What me worry? Not a
hope!

Besides I just looked at some 13X19 prints using a 90mm Summicron on my M8
of flowers in my garden, beats the hell out of whining and yapping about the
economics of Leica gear! Did they turn out any good? Aaaahhhh, come on? What
would you expect me to say????? :-) Of course! :-) :-)  I'm more than
pleased I have an M8 and the 90! :-)

An S2? Only in my dreams!  Unless I win the lottery big-time! ;-)

cheers,
ol' Doc. ted :-)

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica prices (formerly M9))