Subject: [Leica] SUPPLY & DEMAND :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:11:34 -0700

 I had an interesting visitor over the weekend. And for what it's worth this
is basically the latest up date on product production, supply and demand.

Bottomline? They can't keep up to the demand for M9's, just beginning to
catch-up, not likely for several months yet.  Lenses? In far greater demand
than ever expected. In some cases M series, even the top dollar glass? You
may have to wait several months and longer for the most expensive glass. No
shotage of orders.

S2? They can't keep up to the demand! Yeah, yeah, I know $27,000 and who has
that kind of money? Well it seems there are a great number of "professionals
who have that knd of money!" Seems a switch over of some kind is happening
within the industry.

So no matter what many of us say about the cost factor, it isn't causing any
concerns other than they'd like to have a higher supply to answer the
demand. Basically everything is flat out pedal to the metal!

And yes I know lot's of bitchng about R10 etc, promises etc. but that's life
for the moment.

In any event the future still looks bright regardless of the negativism that
raises it's ugly head every once in awhile.

Just thought I'd start your week off with an interesting topic! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Always Remember This:
You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop laughing

HAVE A GOOD ONE! :-)