Subject: [Leica] OT: Stanley Cup
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:21:03 -0700

Hi Nathan,
The "FOOLS OF THE NIGHT!" Destroyed a great and wonderful image of the
people of Vancouver that had been built around the 2010 Winter Olympics.  In
a matter of a few hours the world has watched a bunch of gutless drunken
youth burning cars, smashing windows and looting stores for no other reason
than "HOODLUMS WERE RUNNING THE STREETS!"

The police acted in a most restrained manner, a credit to their plan not to
give the hoodlums more reason to destroy more.

Unfortunately my first choice would've been as it appeared to get out of
control? Bring in or have them sitting handy huge water cannons and just
flushed the streets clean of the fools.

Added to this group of morons were all the complete and utter brainless
Twitters and their damn phone cameras photographing everything going on.
Which inturn added to escalating the rioters to do more to have their
pictures taken.

Although it appears this morning a huge number of people with those very
phone cameras are banding together to give all the recorded images to the
police to identify, capture and prosecute the SOB's

But the damage will run into the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of
dollars. Just a damn shame. I do hope the police can round them up by the
dozens, put them behind bars and throw the keys away for a year or so. A
true example of some youth of today with no respect for others and their
property. A sad state of affairs indeed!

cheers,
ted